FINANCIAL SKILLS FOR NON-FINANCE MANAGER
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
Managers in all organizations are repeatedly faced with decisions to make which will influence the financials of the business, and here comes the need for them to understand financial information.
This intensive program will support participants in raising their financial awareness by learning basic financial principles and generic financial management tools necessary for decision making.
Participants will learn how financial data is reported and how it is used for decision making, performance measurement, business improvements and valuation.
It will help them understand the financial impact of decisions and how to monitor financial performance enabling them to communicate and work effectively alongside financial specialists.
The course will develop the participants to be able to analyze and address an organization’s financial information and performance over a specified period. In addition, they will be able to guide on the correct financial decisions and business financial areas of improvement.
Training Duration: 2 Days
METHODOLOGY AND EVALUATION
Similar to any L2S training program, this program offers an interactive learning experience in which will allow the delegates to reflect on their learning through an informative, indulging, and fun classroom experience. The design of the training session focuses on the following attributes:
- Concrete Experience: The delegates will learn by doing
- Reflective Observation: Reflecting on the newly experienced skill set
- Abstract Conceptualization: Developing deeper understanding to the learned concepts
- Active Experimentation: providing the delegates with realistic tools that can be tested in the real life
- Build an understanding on financial reporting & analysis through practical examples
- Understand and apply financial analysis tools on the company’s financial statements
- Use results and develop plans toward a well efficient and effective company financial positioning.
- Be able to explore financial areas for improvement
- Learn how to resolve issues through usage of different financial reporting techniques
- Recognize the importance of financial analysis and its usage in decision making.
MODULE 1: INTRODUCTION TO FINANCIAL SKILLS
- Introduction to Finance
- Introduction to Financial Reporting and Analysis
- Common-Size Financial Statements
- Financial Ratios and Firm Performance
- Liquidity ratios
- Solvency ratios
- Activity ratios
- Efficiency ratios
- Profitability ratios
- Selecting a Benchmark
- Limitations of Financial Statement Analysis
- Exercise – to emphasize and test financial analysis tools
MODULE 2: FINANCIAL REPORTING TOPICS AND TECHNIQUES
- Notes to the Financial Statements
- Changes in Accounting Policies
- Changes in Accounting Estimates
- Accounting Errors
- Fixed Assets Depreciation
- Intangible Assets Impairment
- Fair Value Accounting
- Financial Ratios
- Activity – to practice different financial reporting topics